Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/05/16

To many Rules

Howdi Cybershrink, hope all is well your side - you not writing articles on the reality shows anymore? I know you use to write about Survivor, I am a Reality show junkie, watch Amazing Race, Bachelor, The Next American Top Model, probably just interesting to see peoples reactions.

I have this huge problem which I have carried with me for as long as I remember - I set myself up for failure, Like I am in the process of wanting to lose 3kg which attached itself to my body over the last 2 years - well my problem I would work out an excercise routine and what to eat what not to eat , HECTIC ROUTINE, and then I cant keep up with it - resulting in me feeling like a failure - why do I set myself up to fail.

Maybe if I could just stick to basic changes and give myself time, but I also want things to happen now, cant wait.

Maybe I must just not think so much and just do,

Weight has always been an issue for me, I always compare myself to other people who are skinner then me.

What can I do cybershrink?

As for "Reality" shows, I'm resting up in preparation for the orgy coming in August, with Survivor SA, Big Brother Africa returns, and Idol, all at once.
Maybe see a CBT counsellor both to examine this self-defeating habit, and to devise a programme for the weight loss that is realistic and achievable. And of coruse to stop your comparison shopping, comparing yourselves to other people and forgetting that they are, well, Other.