Question
Posted by: HUNNYBEAR | 2007/03/09

TO LOU: UPDATE ON MY DAUGHTER

Hi, she didn't go to school again....she said her throat was sore....she's coughing...seems like she has a cold now cause she needs to blow her nose often, but the mucous colour is clear to light yellow....I told her she mustn't blow too hard...when she coughs then the phlegm that comes out is sometimes yellow or sometimes blood streaked...it depends on how often she coughs...like when the throat is aggrevated, then the blood streaks show in the phlegm.....I rubbed her chest and back with vicks...do you think it will be wise to give her throat lozenges to suck on? She had a little supper last night, some icecream and drinks and 2 biscuits....so it's not to say that she is not eating at all....I think she does it only when she feels her throat can handle it.....I actually think that maybe she caught the infection at school or something cause we have been following doctors orders strictly...by not letting her outdoors at night, kept her in on the first day....but I probably shouldn't have sent her to school....will keep you posted...have a great day!!

1
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/09

Hi Hunnybear

She sounds better bleeding wise anyway, but as the cold/flu has come on so soon, it might be a good bet to take her to her Paed - her system is probably very low from the op as it is, so she needs some extra care? have a good weekend.

Reply to Lou