Question
Posted by: sunshinelady | 2003/01/23

to lose weight

I am on eltroxin for underactive thyriod gland,take primerin, a complete health freak ....eat well balanced diet, but never ever lose inch, this is so frustrating. I dont know where and what I am doing wrong. Please advise. I have a back problem,and sciatic nerve, so excersice a bit out at this moment and I cant walk for very long distances.

Help

Dear Sunshine Lady
You don't mention your height in m and weight in kg so that I can assess if you are actually overweight or not! If you would like me to do this, then post a New message with the info. The underactive thyroid and the HRT can of course both contribute to problems with losing weight. Discuss these issues with your prescribing dr because your Eltroxin dosage may have to be adjusted and you may be able to use another type of HRT which does not affect your weight as much. Basically you need to cut down on fat in the diet - if you are already eating a well balanced diet which contains very little fat, then this is going to be difficult. Are you allowed to swim with your back problem? If so, then check with the dr and start swimming every day to use up some energy.