Question
Posted by: Lost but now Found | 2005/01/13

To: Loonybin and Liberal Mom

Hi guys, I too am gay and to date have not had the guts to tell my Mom (Dad died 3 years ago, so I guess he knows now)
Liberal Mom: after reading how accepting you are of your son I now have the courage to talk to my Mom. I have so much respect for the way you are with your son, if only there were more families like yours.
Loonybin: I have even more respect for you, I only wish that I told my parents when I was your age (yes I also knew at very young age) keep those honest and loving communication lines open at all times.

To the "Christians": I grew up for the most part in a private catholic boarding school. Went to church 3 times a week and on Sunday mornings. Was an altar boy for 8 years. So please don’t come with this sh!t of good Christian values! I have many true Christian friends who are not disappointed or believe that we (gays) are all damned to hell! Don’t you think that your comments for the most part are more damaging to youngster and their families?

Liberal Mom and Loonybin keep hold of and cherish your relationship. AWESOME!!!!!

I'm pleased to hear that you have found the interactions here to be useful, and have begun sorting things out with your own mom. I have a hard time accepting as Christian, people who seem totally lacking in compassion for others, as that seems to bear no relation to any of Christ's teachings. Good luck, and keep us in the picture

1
Posted by: Liberal Mom | 2005/01/13

I am glad that I could help you decide. My son told me that he would rather I know exactly who he is and not who he is pretending to be which I think is so mature for a 16 year old! I think your mom will appreciate the truth but don't be put off if she seems shocked because it does take a while to get used to it. It took me exactly 3 days! Not long I know, but I decided that he wasn't different at all and is still my funny, cheeky, loving, artistic son and I wouldn't swop him for anything in the world. Your mom will come around to accept it but if she needs to talk to me, she is welcome. I have always been open to gay people, never knowing that my son would be gay so I guess I would be a hypocrite if I treated him any differently. I love and accept him no matter what because he loves me the same way and I feel so privileged to have this special relationship with him and I hope you will share the same with your mom. Good luck!

Reply to Liberal Mom