Question
Posted by: Nolene | 2006/07/26

To long should i wait?

I need help, i started taking the pill (Tryphasil) beginning of January, and left it end of March coz my husband and i are ready for a baby. Since then i haven't fallen pregnant, i hate the sight of periods, i want to get pregnant, is anything wrong with me? How long should i wait? and is this normal? I need help because my in laws will say i'm infertile. Why do other people get pregnant straight after they leave the pill and not me?

Dear Nolene

It is a myth to believe that most patients fall pregnant immediately after stopping the contraceptive pill. In general 70% of couples will conceive by the end of 9 months and close to 90% should have conceived at the end of 1 year, if there are no fertility problems. Therefore I would advise you to continue trying but to improve your chances I would recommend that you start monitoring ovulation each month by means of urinary ovulation testing kits e.g. Clearplan. The instructions on these testing kits are simple and easy to use and the sensitivity is extremely good.

1
Posted by: vero | 2006/07/27

try to see a gaenocologist may u have ovarian problem

Reply to vero