Question
Posted by: Darlene | 2004/10/23

TO LEE : ARE AVOCADOS FATTENING?

Hi Lee,

You are allowed 3 fats daily. One serving avo is 25 grams. You may eat avo for all 3 of your fats, but are not allowed anymore than 3 per day. at the bottom of this message, I gave you the formula according to which you must eat for a healty lifestyle, and for weight loss. I'm not a dietician, but I am with Weigh-less, and they give you a formula from which you work everyday. you also have a little book that tells you exactly how much (in grams) you are allowed to eat for one foodgroup.
Here's the formula:
-5 COMPLEX CARBS per day [includes bread (30 g), pasta (70 g), rice (70 g), sweet potato-use sweetener, not sugar (75 g), provitas (3)]
-3 SERVINGS VEGETABLES, almost all vegetables should weigh 100 g.
-3 SERVINGS FRUIT
-1 AND HALF LOW FAT PROTEIEN, [chicken (90 g), fish (100g)...]
-1 AND HALF MEDIUM FAT PROTEIEN ,[steak (60 g), mince (55 g)...]
-2 SERVINGS MILK, [yogurt (175 ml), milk (250 ml).....]
-3 S E R V I N G S F A T [ AVOCADO (25 g), margarine (10 ml), mayonnaise (25 ml), olive oil (5 ml) ]

****you may swop your medium fat proteien for a low fat proteien, but NOT vice versa!!****

Hope your question is answered.

Darlene]

Dear Darlene
Thank you for this input. I am sure Lee will be thrilled.