Posted by: Estelle | 2008/10/07

To Just Amazed and Preg

Just Amazed, here is my comment which so deeply offended you:

“ You will be judged for falling pregnant out of wedlock and by such a youngster too. But do you know what? No matter what you do in life you will be judged. If it was not this incident, it would be something else.” 

Here is a simpler translation:

Preg WILL be judged for falling pregnant this way. Young and old ppl will judge her, black and white ppl will judge her, married and single ppl will judge her. It is human nature to judge the actions of others. Ppl are judged even when they do the right thing –  Preg has done the right thing by keeping this baby but will sooner or later come across ppl who judge her for it. Yet there is another bunch of ppl who would have judged her for having an abortion. There is no escaping being judged –  unless you opt out of life. In which case you will be judged for committing suicide.

Do you understand my comment now and are you still so incensed by it?

Preg - as I said just keep yr head high and believe in yourself and your capabilities. Rise above any judgment and criticism that comes your way (again I repeat, it will) and you and your child will be ok. That your family and friends have already accepted this gift from God is a blessing indeed because a good support structure is what makes or breaks it for the single parent. Despite the difficult circumstances regarding the father, this is the best start you could hope for. Many single mums have been rejected by their families under much ‘ better’  circumstances than yours.

You' ll be ok. Very ok.

Odd, isn't it, that these days it has become so awful to be considered judgemental --- except when you are judgemental about people being judgemental about someting else, or people who point out that this is automatic human behaviour and that we ALL get judged, daily, and that this is part of what we each have to live with.

Posted by: Estelle | 2008/10/08

No problem at all! :)

Reply to Estelle
Posted by: Just amazed | 2008/10/08

Estelle, Ok NOW I get it. My deepest, sincerest apologies. It' s just that there' s nothing that I can' t stand more than people who think they can solve individuals'  problems by imposing their various religions on everyone else   which I thought was what u were implying.

Reply to Just amazed
Posted by: Estelle | 2008/10/07

am proud of you Preg you' re showing great responsibility already.

thanks CS for not judging me! :)

Reply to Estelle
Posted by: Preg | 2008/10/07

Thank you for your support and advice Estelle. :)

I think I' m going to actually tackle the father head on as I should not be carrying this responsibility alone, with or without his support. CS is right - his family needs to know as we both consented and he needs to take responsibility for his actions.I will remain standing in any judgement from his family as judging me won' t remove the baby, or take away the fact that he is going to be a father, and they will have to accept it eventually.

I have faced up to the consequences and he needs to do the same.

Reply to Preg