Question
Posted by: SBN | 2007/08/07

To JK - re fish

Thanks for all your advise. I cant seem to be able to find Baktopur or Omnipur anywhere. Not even from my vet! I bought Stress Coat and Stress Zyme last weekend and added it to the water. Should I add safestart as well? Can you reccomend a place where I can buy the Baktopur?
I really appreciate all your help!

Still looking into fish diseases

4
Posted by: JK | 2007/08/07

Pi I fully agree with u - those guys at Northgate know their stuff and whats more they will never try and sell u unnecessary stuff. I buy all my fish there

Reply to JK
Posted by: Pi | 2007/08/07

The petshop at Northgate is of great help when it comes to fish. I've started my cold water and tropical tanks with their help.

There is another one at Hillfox Centre and then there's the petshop at Westgate as well. All are experienced when it comes to keeping fish.

Hope it helps.

Reply to Pi
Posted by: Lin | 2007/08/07

Hubby's only picking up the meds this afternoon (around 1). It's 2 meds that we should, according to the helper at the pet store , mix. It costs R54 each. WIll post the names this afternoon.
I live in Klofendal, Roodeport, in the West Rand.
Thanks again for your help!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: JK | 2007/08/07

No problem. Not sure where u are but there are several shops in Joburg that sell these products (the pet shop at Sandton city, the one at Cresta and there is also one in Northgate mall as well as at Fourways mall). You can try finding Tetra products (Medifin). Other brands are a bit iffy. Stress Zyme and Stress coat are great for your new tank so you don't have to add safestart. I am curious to know what meds the petstore gave you (just in case you shouldn't mix the meds).

Reply to JK