Question
Posted by: Lola | 2004/10/11

To Jenna

Jenna, how long did it take for you to lose the 13 kilos? Cause I am not overweight, would just like to lose a few kilos for the summer. Also have the same question as trix, is droewors a good choice fir snacking? Does the amount of kilojoules you consume count or only the carbs, b'cause I heard that only the carbs count?...

Dear Lola
Be careful with these high-protein, high-fat diets. If you only need to lose a few kg, then why don't you just do some extra exercise?
Take care

1
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/11

Hi Lola

It took about 6 months to lose the weight. Yes, droewors and biltong is fine for snacking, just don't overdue though. Also try nuts, celery + cream cheese, low fat yogurt, fruit...there are all sorts of low fat snacks that you can have. I cannot answer you regarding the amount of kilojules I consumed, since I did not count that. My diet is very simplistic, I cut out all the bad carbs like white flour, white rice, cakes, sweets etc. I stick to raw fruit and veggies, lean meats, wholegrain breads, rice etc. Just cutting out the 'bad' stuff + excercise made me lose all that weight.

Reply to Jenna