Question
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/08

TO HUNNYBEAR

How is your child?

Hi Lou
Hunnybear seems to think that she is doing a bit better - thanks too for your helpful comments to other patients!

2
Posted by: hunnybear | 2007/03/08

sorry should be 1675..

Reply to hunnybear
Posted by: hunnybear | 2007/03/08

She's better than yesterday, I sent you a post 1678...you probably missed it....but thank you very much for your concern....I actually feel better now...my MIL said she had breakfast, but before I left this morning I gave her medication...so it probably made eating easier. I sent the doctor a lengthy email and he phoned me back saying he can assure me that I don't have to worry...coz I told him I found it weird that he didn't even say I must bring her in, but he said if I bring her in and he looks down her throat he'll just see the same thing as in all other patients....I told him I was worried about the bleeding he said the medication should take care of it and normally the week after is normally hectic for them....but I told him that the letter they gave at the hosp for post-surgery care doesn't state that all this could happen and he said everyone is different. I told her she's constipated and wondered if it wasn't the blood causing that and he said the medicine for pain has codeine in it and that could cause constipation. He assured me that I don't have to worry....I explained in detail what has happened to her since the op and he says everything sounds normal just that she has an infection. I told him that I want to sort it out ASAP and don't want to wait till it's too late for something to be done...and he said the medication he prescribed will sort her out. We have an appointment to see him on Tuesday for a check-up. Till then I probably just gotta have some faith!.
Thanks once again for reading and the advice...suppose it's natural for a mom to worry like this...

Reply to hunnybear