Question
Posted by: Cj | 2004/03/11

To have implants or not

I am 48 yrs old and have four children. I was wondering whether I was too old to have implants. I am an extremely petit person, and have kept my figure (thank goodness), but I have no boobs and I mean no boobs.

The fact of not having any boobs has not really concerned me in the past, but now I am beginning to wonder whether I should do or not do.

I am an hyperallergenic person - do you think that that could have an impact on having implants? I have to use cortisone on a regular basis for my allergies - does that also impact.
What are the ramifications of having implants? IF any.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear CJ,

You are not too old to have implants. This decision is a very personal one to make, and your personal body image and how comfortable you feel with your body is what should play a decisive role.

Your plastic surgeon will take a full medical history to determine whether you are a suitable candidate. Not one of the aspects you mentioned is a direct contra-indication.