Question
Posted by: Neha | 2005/07/27

to have clomid or not-please tell

Please i request u to guide me at the earliest.My gynea has not asked any tests before having clomid.is it ok.she has told me to have clomid & come after 2 cycles.
She has done my other blood tests of thyroid etc & husband's semen analysis which is fine. what should i do.should i take clomid or......
which tests are done while taking clomid simple blood tests or scanning of follicles etc.please tell in detail.

You should only take clomid if you are not ovulating. This can be establised with a blood test.
On clomid you should have scanning of the follicles. Blood hormone levels can also be checked.

1
Posted by: Shirls | 2005/07/27

Perhaps one of your tests shows your progesterone to be very low which would indicate taht you are not ovulating. Do you get your period regularly Clomid will help to regulate the ovulatiion and period. When you are on clomid you need to have a sca nto check if the tablet is working by checking the size of the follicle and whetehr the follicle has been released by day 16.

Enquire from your doc why she is not doing the scan.

Reply to Shirls