Question
Posted by: rose | 2011/05/06

to have a historectumy or not

I''m a 33 year old who have had four kids. I am not on any birth control as my husband had a vasectomy, but i suffer from painful and heavy periods. What is the risk of having a historectumy done at my age or is there a other alternative? Birth control has to many side effects for me so i will not go that route to regulate my period.

Rose

There are other options such as medications like Ponstan and Cyclokapron. The Mirena is also an option. A hysterectomy is a big operation which can have complications though these are not common. Also the age of menopause is earlier in women who have had hysterectomies.

Beswt wishes

2

Beswt wishes

Posted by: Keren | 2011/05/06

You will need to go see your gynae. I don''t think you can opt for a hysterectomy. It has to be necesary to have one.

Reply to Keren