Question
Posted by: me2 | 2006/10/31

To Hat re tingling and to Cyberdoc

I find this so interesting, firstly i was diagnosed with a neurological condition 7 yrs ago similar to Multiple Sclerosis called CIDP, basically it is an inflammation of any of the peripheral nerves. I have the remitting/relapsing type and not the acute form which is guillain barre syndrome.

Recently i have ALSo experienced - first the top left side of my top lip going numb, almost like when you've been to dentist. Then the right side of my forehead also tingling and numb right into the scalp area. The lip lasted about 3 wks and is almost back to normal the forehead is around 2 weeks now, i have no other symptoms and am pregnant. I find it so strange because even though i have a neurological condition i feel these two symptoms are not related to that, i do have a history of allergies/sinus/hayfever and asthma as a child, but then again i am not experiencing any of that right now while i have this numbness - so what then?

I have concluded that it is ALLERGY related, airborne allergies, the reason i think this is that in 2004 at exactly this time of year - October i had a similar thing, over the eyebrows, and a small patch on my shoulder was numb and very very itchy and irritating my clothes would feel funny against this patch. I think it has something to do with allergies in the air, they going to kill us eventually because more and more people are becoming allergic, even if they were not before, its so so strange.

Having said that HAT i think you should see a neurologist i dont think it is MS but there are a few other neuro conditions - not as serious as MS that can be treated mostly with anti inflams, or ask your dr to prescribe an anti inflam and see if that works.

pls do let me know how it goes, i think it will disappear with time... let me know what you think?

Dear Me2
Very interesting! For your both's information:http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cidp/cidp.htm