Question
Posted by: landie | 2005/07/26

to Gynae doc - position of twins in the womb-stupid question

I am thirty weeks preggies with twins - my babies are both more on the right side of my womb.It is obvious when you look at my tummy and the 3d scan confrimed this position.They have been in this position for a few weeks now. The one is head down - and the other one is completely bridge - with his head close to his brothers head - they are actually facing each other.. Will this affect their growth if the space is so limited - they are also lying very low. I am of average build and just wondered if this position might have anything to do with going into premature labour etc. I am also having terrible back ache on the right hand side of my back.

Please advise.

The growth will not be affected by their positions. While preterm labour is common in twin pregnancies, it is not influenced by their positions either. Your backache may be due to the way they are lying. Take Panado is needed.