Question
Posted by: Lee | 2005/12/07

TO GYNAE : copy of my previous postings

Subject: TO GYNEA : my post of 23.11.05 and your reply of 28.11.05
Posted by: Lee
Message:
Subject: RE MY POST 23 NOV 05
Posted by: LEE
Message:
I WOULD LIKE A GYNAE TO REPLY TO THIS POST IF POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU

COPY OF MY POST OF 23 NOV 05 :

HI THERE, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON (( EXPERTS )) .

I FOUND OUT ON THE 28/10/2005 VIA A HOME TEST THAT I WAS PREGNANT. I WENT TO MY DOC FOR A SCAN AND SHE CONFIRMED THAT I WAS BETWEEN 5 - 7 WEEKS PREGNANT. SHE SAW THE SACK AS WELL. I HAD TO COME BACK IN 3 WEEKS TIME ( SAT. 19/11/05 ) .. SHE DID ANOTHER SCAN BUT COULDN'T SEE A SACK OR EMBRIO OR PICK UP A HEART BEAT. SHE ASKED ME TO COME FOR A 3-D SCAN ON 22.11.05 ( YESTERDAY ). SHE DID THE SCAN AND FOUND NO SACK, NO EMBRIO AND NO HEART BEAT.

APPARANTLY THE EMBRIO ONLY DEVELOPED UP UNTIL 5 WEEKS AND NO MORE. IT DISINTEGRATED AND DOC SAID THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE FELT ANY DISCOMFORT, PAIN OR BLEEDING ( OR HAVE A DISCHARGE ) BECAUSE OF THAT.

MY DOC SAID THE SAME HAPPENED TO HER TWICE BEFORE SHE HAD HER 2 (HEALTHY) DAUGHTERS NOT SO LONG AGO.

MY DOC WANTS ME TO LET NATURE TAKE IT'S OWN COURSE AND WAIT ANOTHER WEEK. IF I HAVEN'T STARTED BLEEDING BY NEXT WEDNESDAY, I HAVE TO HAVE A D&C. I DON'T HAVE ANY PAINS OR DISCOMFORT AT THE MOMENT AND I STILL FEEL PREGNANT ( WHICH THE DOC EXPLAINED IS ALSO NORMAL ) I WOULD'VE BEEN ABOUT 9-10 WEEKS PREGNANT BY NOW.

I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO SIT AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER WEEK TO GO BY, I WOULD PREFER TO HAVE A D&C AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH AND STRART TRYING FOR ANOTHER BABY. I AM 36 YEARS OLD AND DON'T HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD. I HAVE ONE CHILD OF 10 YEARS OLD.

WHAT AM I TO DO .. SHOULD I JUST WAIT THIS OUT OR SHOULD I INSIST ON A D&C. WHAT IS THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF A D&C ? ACCORING TO MY KNOWLEDGE HAVING A D&C ONLY INCREASES YOUR CHANSES OF GETTING PREGNANT AGAIN ( SOON ) ..

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL START BLEEDING NORMALLY, ALMOST LIKE HAVING A PERIOD OR WILL IT BE A HEAVY FLOW ? I FORGOT TO ASK MY DOC.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

REGARS
LEE 23.11.05

Date: 28/11/2005

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:
It is quite reasonable for you to ask for a D&C now. Discuss your feelings with your doctor.
If you did miscarry on your own, the bleeding would generally be heavier than a period.

Date: 30/11/2005

Dear Gynea,
Thank you for your reply. I made a copy of previous posting.
I started having cramps the morning of 24.11.05. I stayed at home because i was terribly emotional and didn't know what to expect. As it happends, I started bleeding ( lightly ) later the morning, and the 25th I started having cramps and pains that felt more like contractions than anything else. The next morning I started having HEAVY bleeding and pains and it went on until Sunday morning 27th 6:00 am. I took Myprodol pain pills ( prescribed by my doc ) and it didn't help at all. I nearly fainted about 4 times, I vomited ( I guess it was from the pain ) I had cold and hot fever. I had so much pain i couldn't sleep. I phoned my sister in law the next day and she told me that she had a misscarrage on 4 months and had the same experience .. everyone told me that i would propably just have a heavy period .. but i was in more pain than i was when i had my daughter and was in labour for 12 hours ... the bleeding and the pains stopped Sunday 04/12/05. I must go for a check-up soon and i'm defenately gonna tell my doc that she could've at least warned me what might be expected. I can take a lot of pain and normally i'm a very strong person, but what i went through that weekend was propably the worst thing in my life .. i just wanted to share this with you girls and i told myself that if anything like this is gonna happend to me again, i'll INSIST on a d & c. i just want to add that my husband was a great help through all of this, we stood by me 100 percent and i am so greatful for him.

TO THE GYNEA, i know you are a busy person but i would love to hear your opinon re. what happened to me.

thank you.
Lee
Ps .. please excuse the grammer and spelling.
Date: 6/12/2005

I have answered you in your previous posting.