Question
Posted by: needanswer | 2004/11/30

TO GYNAE AND OTHER - MUCUS AND TRYING TO CONCEIVE

IN ALL THE FERTILITY ARTICLES THEY SAY YOU COULD PREDICT YOUR FERTILITY THROUGH MUCUS ETC. I AM TRYING TO CONCEIVE NO FOR 18 MONTHS. WE HAVE DONE TEST WHICH SHOWS THAT MY HUSBAND HAS A LOW SPERM COUNT 8% MORPHOLOGY. BUT SOMETHING THAT I NOTICE IS THAT I HAVE VERY LITTLE MUCUS. COULD IT AFFECT CONCEIVING? WHAT COULD I DO TO INCREASE IT? I AM CURRENTLY USING CLOMID AS WE ARE GOING TO TRY FOR ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION. PLEASE HELP

I presume that you are not ovulating if you are using Clomid. This would account for the lack of mucus. Unfortunately, Clomid helps with ovulation but decreases mucus. This is a side effect that you cannot do anything about.