Question
Posted by: d | 2005/07/18

to guys out there...

Do you still ask girls officially to be your g/f, or is it just assumed these days? If it is assumed, how would a girl know she is your g/f? Sorry for the ignorance, been out of the dating field for quite some time!!

,,,,,

5
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/07/18

Hope you dont mind me replying, know you actually adressed it to the guys...
I agree with Zee. After about 4 dates, my man casually reached for my hand while we were walking in a shopping mall.. After that it was like "okay we dating" ;)
We have been together for 2 years now...

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: Zee | 2005/07/18

Although the guy should still ask, some guys do asume that you know they are serious. So always take the guy's personality into account and off course the kind of relationship you have with him. He might not ask directly but imply it by doing and saying certain things.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Paul | 2005/07/18

No ways, the girl must ask!

Ha Ha just kidding,

I think it is fair for any party to ask, but the asking must certainly be asked.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/18

Yes, the guy should still ask

Reply to Male23
Posted by: e | 2005/07/18

Yes, if there's a girl you particularly like a lot then you surely do ask her to officially be your girlfriend.
If you leave things to assumption then she would assume you're not serious... don't think I need to go into the details of situations this can lead to.

Reply to e