Question
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2004/11/06

To Gaybuddie: Gay and the Church

Hi, am posting this as a new posting because the original was so far away, nobody will read my thoughts if I put them on it.

Gaybuddie, I think you must realise that there are plenty of bigots hiding under the guise of religion out there. No ways will they approve of anything to do with gaydom. I used to wonder why people couldn't just live and let live, but it is not in the human psyche it seems.

There are plenty, I suppose, of fine religious people who might take offense at what I've said. My remarks are not aimed at them.

I'm not going to give you, personally any advice, you must just do what you feel is best after you have thought it through.

To all those who dislike homosexuality, if it is your honest belief, I can accept that.I know that a lot of straight people think that others can live their lives as they see fit and I thank them for that.

However, I have one thing to say to the bigots. Nobody askes to be the way they are. I think it is in one's genes. You don't persecute a person who is armless or otherways physically different from you. Or do you?

It's not the gays who rape babies or beat their partners, usually. Is this okay just because the straight person is straight? No it is not! Bigots should look at that aspect too. Gays aren't perfect, indeed, I somethimes feel we are our own worst enemies, but we are no better or no worse than anyone else.

A gay person is different only in the direction his/her sexuality takes him/her. Gays are entitled to live their lives as best they can as are straights.

This debate can go on and on. It will never be solved, so let's live in harmony???? Can we?

Good luck to everyone.

Nice to hear from you again, De Bruyn, and for your sober and thoughtful response to what I suspect will remain an ongoing debate.

3
Posted by: Joe | 2004/11/08

Hi Gaybuddie

The mail address is qchurch.za.org
Sorry for coming back only now - wasnt in office for much of last week.

Good luck and work on your relationship. Its good to see that some do work out.

And yeah God love all of us. Irrespective of your race, color, creed or sexual preferences

Joe

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Reed | 2004/11/08

A true Christian will be friendlier and kinder to a homosexual than even another homosexual will be ... but also, a true Christian trusts the gentle yet powerful words of God, telling us that not lusting after our own gender is for our own good, He does know better.
Gaybuddie, if you just want to feel better while you are on this earth, listen to De Bruyn, else go to the Word that you trust and a God who truly does care. Especially because God cares He will not leave you struggling in the place you are in, if you turn to Him.
Although De Bruyn used antagonistic words such as 'bigot' it is not his posting, but rather mine, that will probably be removed, the Truth is not the flavour of the times. We are all seeing what the Bible says, as the end approaches moral values will decline, the world will become worse and worse. Thank you God for your patience.

Reply to Reed
Posted by: Gaybuddie | 2004/11/06

Thank you so much for your reply. I've been pondering this topic for quite some time, and took a chance that maybe someone like you would be brave enough to come up with your reply.

I realise, from some other reply's that no matter what anyone sais, there is only one Being that I will have to answer to, and as long as I live my life, being caring, honoust, loyal, and with the help of God throughout, then, come judgement day, I'll have to face the music.

I don't think God intended for man as a society to be where they are today. The bible was written so long ago that man has changed so much. I trust in the written word, and I've e-mailed religous parties to get their feed back. As soon as I have their feedback, I will post it here, as this might help many people out there.

At the end of the day, I'm not looking for someone to condone my life, but rather for someone to be sympathetec, as I know God is.

Thank you once again for your reply,
Gaybuddie,

Reply to Gaybuddie