Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/05/26

TO FRUSTRATED (POSTING 2306)

I suffered from chronic sinus problems for years and years and years. Last year I was fine during the winter until July, then I got sick (I can tell you those symptoms with my eyes closed I know then so well) I got antibiotics 3 wks later I also got sick again, more antibiotics and more antibiotics a third time a few weeks later - I then got the hell in and said to my gp please can I go to an ENT specialist. I did go to one in Aug and he at the time shrugged off a sinus problem, saying I just had a post-nasal drip problem and acid reflux problem which was going back up into my throat which is why I had THE MOST unbelievably burning throat - it was like someone had poured acid down my throat! BUT he said if I had any further sinus problems I should phone him and he would send me for a sinus scan - none of my sinus x-rays I have had over the many years showed up any significant problems. This happend in mid-Oct so I phoned him and went for the sinus scan. I had such badly infected sinuses, I had to have extensive sinus surgery! He did 3 procedures, an ethmoidectomy, a creating of an opening for the sinuses to drain (I forget what this procedure is called) and a DPP (draining of all sinuses). Its the best thing I could ever have done for my sinus problems! Its pure heaven - now I can breathe properly.

Maybe you need a sinus scan if your sinus woes continue. Dont suffer unnecessarily!