Question
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/10/26

To everybody on this forum

I know that everyboday has their own problems and I understand that life hurts for all of us or most of us here on this forum, but since I've started reading everyone's problems, i realized that mine wasn't that bad and that I have allot to be grateful for! It actually helped me reading everyone's problems and trying to give advise, it helped me to see that I'm not the only one with problems. Last night I layed in bed thinking about little children (and adults) with no food, no clothes, some without parents, etc. and I complain about my problems? All of us have problems and issues, but there will always be someone that's problems will be worse than ours. Think about it, we have family, we have jobs, we have a roof over our heads, we have food and clothes and everything we need (not always what we want, but what we need).

I'm writing this to let you people realize what you have and that there are people that suffer more than you could ever imagine. Have you ever seen that photo of a little black baby boy crawling towards a foodcamp not able to walk because of hunger, I think it was the best picture of the year? Anyways, in the same picture there was a vulture waiting for the child to die and then to eat him. Can you imagine how that poor child must have felt? You see, like I said, there's always someone with problems worse than ours. I'm not saying that you must stop feeling sad or anything, I understand that life isn't easy, but think about how blessed you really are!

Thanks for a very thoughtful contribution, Echelle. yes, I think a significant function of the Forum is to help us get our own probl;ems in perspective and into proportion. As the old saying used to go : "I creid because I had no shoes ; until I met the man who had no feet".

3
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/10/26

I agree with you Echelle.

There is a book entitled "How to get what you want, and want what you have!" Didn't think the book was particularly brilliant, but the title was definitely thought provoking for me.

We do need to want what we have. After all, what we currently have, are the results of our previous aspirations. We do need to take time out and acknowledge the positive things in our lives.

It doesn't mean, however, that we have to settle for second best, or not aspire to greater things, or a more comfortable life style. It's more about balancing your thoughts.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: penny | 2006/10/26

ya tis' true.but we must also understadn that when someone is going through something, it is more real to them than it will ever be to the next person. but ya we definately should count out blessings every day...... :)

Reply to penny
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/26

hi just a thought considering that most of the people that are on this forum are strugeling with deppression do you think it is wise to post about the little baby starving.

anyway i agree with you

Reply to kat