Question
Posted by: Juzlisen | 2004/11/24

to Dude - re: 5 stages of recovery

Hi there Dude
I am no expert but my friend Paul, showed me this once. Not too sure if this is what you are referring to but here goes. nb - brief description.

D - denial - u refuse to accept or acknowledge that the relationship has ended,

A - anger - u are angry cos you cannot/ will not understand why it ended

R - revenge - you want them to hurt as badly as they have hurt you - even if they did not hurt you you just want them to know what it feels like

G - grief - the crying, hurt inside, loneliness

A - acceptance - finally letting go knowing you'll be ok - getting on with your life healthily.

Look, there is no specific time sapce that we go through these "motions" and I suppose everyone is different
Well Take care k
Juz

Further to my other reply to your question ( and tho EKR kept claiming to have "research" to prove the 5 stages existed, even when I asked her to show it to me, she couldn't, because there never was any. Juz makes a very important point, though, that there is no set time limit, and we do indeed vary quite widely in the timetable of our recovery.

1
Posted by: Dude | 2004/11/24

thank u very much... this i what I wanted to know

cheers
Dude

Reply to Dude