Question
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/22

To Doc - Re: Tests u asked about

Hi Doc,

thank u for the reply. I went for a pap smear, which she said came out fine, the I had a urine test done to check for a bladder infection. My GP had done a dip test and given me anti biotics - they didnt work so he gave me more, which helped but didnt clear it up. When the Gynae got the urine test back, she says that it is definitly not a bladder infection, and refered me t a urologist. The whole thing cost R800.00! She says that we must start checking for rarer things, and suggested I go to Joburg Gen's Irology dept. Incidently, its now the 22nd and still no period. Would a preg have shown up in any of the tests the doc did?

Unless your doctor did a specific pregnancy test, it would not have been detected whether you are pregnant or not. This seems to be the first thing to do if your period is late.
If you cannot afford private fees, then the Joburg Gen would be your other option.