Question
Posted by: Jo | 2007/06/11

to Cybershrink re post 2055 from Sarah

Hi doc, I think Sarah piggybacked my question with a similar problem, and posted a question to you after you'd responded to me. Thanks for your reply, I do watch the Supernanny programs, but I think my daughter is going through more than just behavioral/discipline issues, we recently relocated and the change in schools and environment might have upset her more than we thought it would. The problem is that we moved to the UK, but are returning in Dec because it hasn't worked out here for us, so I think we will definitely look into a therapist for her in CT, to help with the readjustment. Once again thanks for your advice, Jo

Obviously you may very well be right about what has upset her. Some kids slide into oppositional bad behavior prety easily, others only when there is considerable provocation, and this may be so with your daughter and the changes she has recently faced. YOur return probably makes excellent sense --- and one wondrs whether she will experience this as further dislocation, or as a welcome return to places more familiar to her ?