Question
Posted by: c | 2004/11/16

To Cybershrink

Dear Cybershrink
I want to thank you for your helpful replies. I really appreciate it. I'm sure if it wasn't for your advice to increase the Risperdal a little, the experience might have been worse than it turned out to be. I also keep on reminding myself that it is just my imagination. At least I haven’t started slapping at the things like I did the previous time - what a sight that must have been. I’ve told a psychologist about that experience and he didn't seem to be concerned about it. I think it is only the recent attention the media gave to mental disorders that made me uneasy about my experiences. Thanks for allaying my fears.
I still wish I don’t have to see a shrink, but I’ve got no choice. I need a prescription, and yes I will tell the shrink what have happened.

Thanks, c, pleased to hear you're continuing to handle this so well. Yes, do discus this in detail with your shrink. I wouldn't like to see a shrink, a dentist, a surgeon ; I don't like to need to see a car mechanic, or anyone else like that, because it means I have a problem that needs help for me to deal with it, and I'd rather not have any such problems . But it's a lot better than having a problem unattended to and getting worse. Actually, it's the folks who are too delighted to see a shrink who worry me more ! :}