Question
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

To CS: re Vacation

It is funny how senstive one becomes to anything that looks like criticism when in a situation of turmoil or uncertainty. So I am not sure how to interpret your comments and I apologise for that. The answer is simply that I do not know - at the moment it looks like yes because we cannot take the other party with us. So as long as she is part of the setup - it will be alone.

I understand you were feeling somewhat under the weather. Trust you will get well soon. You have become part of a great support structure for many people - hats off to you.

Cheers

Yes, you are being over-sensitive. Nobody is alone when accompanied by two people who love you. You may FEEL alone when someone you want to be there, isn't there, but that's a different matter --- and it would be sad for the boys, if they went with you, and found you feeling "alone" in their presence.
So, enjoy the holiday, and give 15 seconds a day ( no more ) to think of those of us who won't be getting away at all. And we look forward to hearing about the trip after you return.

10
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Oh, to be back in S.A.! Sigh! It is such a dark, rainy, miserable day here today! Enjoy all that lovely African sunshine.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Nicolai, are you going away? I must admit, remembering my childhood brought back so many memories, and a big lus for a lekker Cape holiday.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/12/02

Buzz, you just made me luss for a holiday.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Hi Jakes! I just read CS's comments on your holiday. What he meant was that with having the boys there you won't be alone.

Are you still there?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Are you okay Jakes?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Sounds exciting Jakes. I remember as a child, we used to leave for holiday in the early hours of the morning. Ah, the excitement!!! My mother made (cold) chicken drumstick, boiled eggs (can you imagine the smell in the car with all the poeping?), sandwiches, flask of coffee. Then we'd stop at the little rest areas next to the road, with the concrete table and bunks (and smelly dustbins), under huge willow trees. My children don't know this, they're used to having breakfast at the Ultra City now. Ah, those were the days.

Now don't forget to pack your g-string and nipple caps okay? xxx

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

+- 2am 17/12/05 - Like to have breakfast in Bloem

Thanks alot - can i say more

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Jakes, then take it for what it is. If your boys are with you, then it's three of you, so you can't be alone!!!

I think you're feeling vulnerable and sensitive, which I can understand. And when we feel this way, we often take well-meant remarks as criticism or look for the (non existant) hidden agenda.

My husband has been travelling so much lately, and I very seldom see him. At the dinner table last night, he told me that I look beautiful, and the kids chirped in saying yes mommy is looking pretty, she must be allergic to you! Lots of laughter, but I started crying. You know why? Because I'm tired and sensitive at the moment, and he paid me a compliment, with no hidden agenda, and I thought "he's never here to see me, I'd rather be "un"beautiful but have hubby around"... I'm waffling, but you get my point?

So when are you leaving?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

Buzz

"Surely you're not really alone with the boys there ? "

This is the part. Maybe i am just over sensitive

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Hi Jakes! Forgive me for butting in, but I saw CS's response about the holiday, but this morning I couldn't find it!

If my memory serves me right, he said something to the effect of enjoying the good, or concentrating on being happy?

You're probably a bit sensitive at the moment. When are you leaving?

Reply to Buzz