Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2004/10/26

To CS, Me, G&B Boy, Lucia

Hi all
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. CS, thank you for this forum - sharing with others is helpful in itself.
Me, you sound like such a loving perdon, thanks!
Grey and Blue Boy, you hang in there. An education will stand you in good stead anywhere in the world, no matter what it costs. Good luck, you will make it.
Lucia, you were right. Our roads are too unsafe for our children. If your ex cannot afford air tickets for the kids, he can come see them in Pretoria. I know we cannot shield our kids from life, but we can try to protect them from obvious dangers. And do not ever doubt your own feelings - mothers have that 6th sense that is hardly ever wrong!
Lynne

Thanks for your positive comments, Lynne. As you say to Grey and Blue Boy, a good education is not only valuable in itself, but portable, and something burglars can't pinch. And some moms seem to go beyond the 6th sense, and to be working on a 7th !

1
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/10/27

Hi Lynne

Thanks for your posting. You just confirmed what I felt - it is blatantly a matter of looking for trouble to send two youngsters on a 1800km trip alone. My dearest (current) husband saw the state I was in when I got home on Monday night and immediately booked two plane tickets for the boys - we will rather pay than put their lives at risk.

When their dad makes such stupid plans, I wish that I could at that moment get someone who has lost a child on the phone, so that they could explain to that idiot just how much it hurts knowing you will never hold you child again. I cried so much on Monday afternoon, that I eventually battled to see through my swollen eyes. I cried for fear of my children and I cried for you because I know there is nothing you can do to change your situation, and here I am trying my damndest to protect my kids as you did and some idiot comes along and puts their lives in jeopardy. I just felt to terribly helpless.

In any event, for now, I feel calm again, knowing they will be safe - well at least as far as I can help.

You keep well and still keeping you in my prayers.

Reply to Lucia