Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/04/05

TO CS

Hi CS. i hope you are doing well.
i'm sure it must be difficult for you to remember which Me is Me, as there are so many, and a number of them are the nasty ones.
anyway i'm the one who keeps on posting about her previous abusive relationship.

so i went back for councelling as you suggested in my last post. i think it helped a great deal, because i had started to question my decision to leave that guy and also started blaming myself for certain things. it is clear now that that man has a deeper problem and i shouldnt be the one to take the blame for it. i persevered for full 7 yrs thinking things will get better, but instead got worse and worse. the other thing that helped is that the other day i read a post by Delene, if im not wrong, to Just a Girl, that "no one one gets away with anything, its just not our duty to make them pay for it". i think i tried too much to show ex or make him see his mistakes and weaknesses to a point were he saw it as me always attacking his personality and publicising that he is an abuser.

you know the recent story of the cop that went on a killing spree made me realise that i made the right decision by leaving my ex. i mean CS its starts with being jealous and possessive over minor minor things, and being accused of infedilities etc. you know as i read the story on the newspapers, i could just see him doing the same thing. he had this bad temper and a way of punishing a person simply becoz he was insecure and jealous. anyway its very very sad that we have people with such insecurities.

well thanx for the advice, i feel much better, though its hard, but i will do my best to try and keep away from such people. im taking this time to concentrate on myself, career and my child.
cheers!!

Hi there. Yes, there do seem to be an awful low of Me's around, don't there ? At other times we have a congregation of Confused's. Pleased to hear your counselling is proving to be so positive and useful ; I hope you'll get out of the habit of taking the blame for other's faults and errors. Well done --- keep up the excelent progress !