Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/03/08

To Christian : please read

Christian, God loves you VERY much, I am a born again christen and a child of God, and yes I am ___ Did you know that only GOD has the right and the power to judge. You on the other had may have an opinion, BUT do not have the LEAST bit of right to judge !!!! But please remember God loves you very very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Thank you for this post Me, and thank you to Jim for your adding a voice of reason to this tiresome debate.

4
Posted by: jm | 2007/03/08

hi Christian.

Thanx for the sermon, you have now done you good Christian deed and converted all us lost souls.

Please proceed directly to heaven, collect you front row seat ticket at the pearly gates, but then again you could just sit anywhere cause as you say the rest of us all are damed to hell.

Just one little question Christian. what about us non-Christians, are we also judged by you rules or rhetoric. this leaves us all in a slight predicament. never mind, we'll be selling popcorn and cold drinks at the gate.

Reply to jm
Posted by: Lonewolf | 2007/03/08

Dear Jim. The whole problem is that people seems to read and interpret the Bible verse for verse without seeing it within the context of the whole Bible and its message. Also, many things written in the Old Testament must be seen within the context of the period of which is was written. Also, some may read into a single text or several texts what they want to see in it. The arguments about the Bible are endless and has been with us since it was written. I do not even want to go to the arguments about the decisions made centuries ago about what were included and what left out. It is alo very easy to argue a point if you disregard certain aspects, and that is precisely what is happening. We will never see the end of bigots like C who see themselves as "true believers" and has the arrogance to judge others, while they are equally big sinners. Arn't we all?

I fully agree with what you said, for example I want to add to your list by quoting the texts below.

Deuteronomy 25:11 When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draws near to deliver her husband out of the hand of him who strikes him, and puts forth her hand, and takes him by the secrets;

25:12 then you shall cut off her hand, your eye shall have no pity.

So does it mean that if my neighbours fight and the wife get the other guy by the crown jewels I can go and grind my axe?

Reply to Lonewolf
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/03/08

Well done Jim.
Christians, or so called people, tend to be extremely judgmental and have indeed lost the plot.
Start to lead by example, Christian, and love all your neighbours, regardless of creed, race, religion or sexual preference. as it is all their own decision to make, and if one day there is indeed a time for judgment, let them be responsible for their own lives.

Christian, I can guarantee that you are not free of sin. I think that you owe all these people an appology.

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Jim | 2007/03/08

Dear Christian:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.

1). When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2). I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3). I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4). Leviticus 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not to Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5). I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6). A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is a abomination of Leviticus 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7). Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8). Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?

9). I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10). My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16). Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14).

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,
Jim.

Reply to Jim