Question
Posted by: cyndi | 2007/08/15

To Chill re animal behaviourists (prev

Just setting the record straight here Chill. My animals problems originated from their early lives before they were rescued.

Thanks for clarifying that.

2
Posted by: K | 2007/08/17

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a behaviourist, but to tell people to never use one is a bit extreme. Just as all professionals aren't of the same calibre, the same happens in this profession. Complaining here may make you feel better, but it would be more useful to contact the association that accredited the behaviourist you consulted.

Reply to K
Posted by: Chill | 2007/08/15

I pretty well took that for granted, cyndi. In fact, MOST problem behaviours occur in adopted dogs - partly because they've often come from less than desirable backgrounds, partly because they and their new owners often don't fully understand each other - and partly, of course, because so-called 'problem dogs' often are palmed off onto animal shelters with some pretext or other (I'm allergic!).

Perhaps these are exactly the reasons why it's so incredibly rewarding to take on one of these poor creatures and nurture them into being able to have a fulfilling loving life.

Reply to Chill