Question
Posted by: Dina | 2007/08/01

To Carol and Chill

I really appreciate your input regarding dog diets. I personally did feel that my friend was over the top and I knew I wouldn't be feeding him that way. Inbetween meals, she also used to give him raw chicken wings as a snack but my vet told me never to give dogs chicken with bones. I think my conscience was pricking me. I felt guilty about not feeding him all the things she fed him especially raw wings, peanut butter or grated cheese sandwiches, poached chicken breasts (drizzled with garlic and olive oil for his coat) and all those cooked livers. He seems healthy and happy on his present diet and never looks hungry or deprived.

Glad he is enjoying his new diet.

1
Posted by: WR | 2007/08/01

Hi there!

FYI - Raw chicken wings isn't a bad thing - it is the cooked bones that get stuck etc. Anyway - you can tell your friend that some studies have shown that garlic does nothing to prevent fleas etc on dogs and that it is even poisonous to a degree (same goes for onions).\\You are doing your dog a favour by sticking to just the kibble -obviously, like Chill said, a treat/titbit here and ther won't do any harm!

Reply to WR