Question
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/07

To: blompot

hi there - wanted to carry on with our conversation of this morning, hope it's ok - i've never confronted 'bad friend' about the way he's behaving. him and bf are both early 30's and i feel they're supposed to be mature, you know? still.. they go out drinking etc and lately i've had enough. i end up lying awake, worried about them driving and getting home safe, and the nonsense 'bad friend' is feeding bf's brain. i wish i could control the situation, maybe that's why it's making me so frustrated - i can't control the friends bf hangs out with - not that i would want to do that all the time, but this guy is really a bad influence.. and unfortunately bf is influenced easily. there was a time where i thought i had the guts to talk to 'bad friend' about this, but frankly - i dislike him so much that i'd rather not talk to him at all - when we're in the same company, i make sure i'm so busy talking to everyone else, that no one realises that i'm not paying any attention to him. it works. but i know the night will come, this week, that bf and 'bad friend' will probably go out again... this time though, i'm going to switch off my phone, and not care. i've had enough. bf is not considering my feelings enough - he just tells me that i have a wrong impression of this guy and that he isn't that bad and that he doesn't know what all the fuss is about. nevermind how it affects me. so - i'm cutting myself off from both of them, when they decide to go out or better yet (!) "end up in a bar by accident... without planning it". good for them - and good for me too - i'm looking after me from now on, not two selfish, immature, inconsiderate 31 year old boys. :O)

,,,,,

1
Posted by: blompot | 2005/12/07

Hi pencil

This sounds all to familiar. I have many friends that’s that have been in the same situation. Even myself from time to time sit at home wondering if all is well and if BF is save (I am in a long distance relationship – so you can imagine how I get myself into a tiff every now and then we he forgets to let me know he is safely home after visiting friends) And yes I agree – inconsiderate, immature 31 year old boys (funny thing my BF is also 31)

I have 3 questions:
1) Would you feel the same if BF goes out with other “good friends” for a drink or 2?
2) Do you trust your boyfriend whole heartedly?
2) Do you ever go out on your own with the girls?
at a

Reply to blompot