Question
Posted by: Helpful | 2004/10/28

To : Bell

Bell, you were asking about suicide - NO!
Nothing is worth ending your life for.
You have a huge challenge to face as a teenage mother, you have a little life that you brought into this world.
You are NOT alone, we are here. We can give you advise, support you with words of encouragement and ways to get through this ordeal.
You're just starting your life for real, and now you have to look after another little life. It's hard, but not impossible. And you will be stronger for the experience.
It feels awful now, I'm sure, but look up. It's a little you that you've got, you can focus on how to be the best mom and you;'re going to be more fun than other mom's anyway - because you're younger and you;ve got spunk!
Think a little deeper, think a little further. You have your life still to live, now you just have a little companion to live it with too. Just imagine, it's so FULL of possibilities.
Please lean on us anytime you want to talk, this forum has helped me, just reading through similar experiences and knowing how other people got through it - it's not a breeze to overcome challenges, but it can be done.
And you will do it!!! Please hang on, you are precious, look after yourself dear one.

I absolutely agree with helpful --- NO, it creates problems, it never ever solves them. Beautifully expressed and sincere responses from several readers. And check out other sources of support and help, as well as us. Whether the Dept of Welfare, Child Welfare organizations, church groups, and others.

2
Posted by: chichi | 2004/10/28

Hi my girlie

From one woman to another I just want to tell you that what you're feeling is just pressure because you're so young with such a big responsibility. Nothing is worth taking your life for; not having a baby at your age and for me not even being married to an HIV+ man who has cheated on me. My thinking is this, If God brought me to it, He will take me through. Even in my life things have happened where I thought this is where I draw the line on my life, but looking back, I realise I'm a much better person after everything that I've experienced. I don't want to down play your situation in any way, but just to give you insight into my life where "suicide worthy" things have happened. I was molested as a child for many years and my family doesn't even know about it, and those that do, hopes I forgot about it; I have parents who are both alcoholics, my dad use to beat my mom up and I had to jump through the window to get help; At 7 I moved to my grandparents who constantly reminded me how little my mother must care about me, because I was deprived of alot of things, cause my mother didn't send any money, at 15 I was raped by 2 men who only got 7 years in jail and now I'm married to a HIV + cheat. So, you tell me If I could survive all of that, don't you have a lot to live for, I can think of one thing especially, your baby. Much love from one woman to another

Reply to chichi
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/28

Hey Bell,

I hope you read H's posting above. Suicide never is a good way out, it's just the coward's way of giving up & letting go.
That's not your right to take away anyone's, or even your own life!!! Don't forget the baby that's growing inside of you as well, coz that would be like murder. Not even being afforded the chance of life...
What is it that you are so worried about that you want to give up Bell? As H says above, we are always here if you need to chat, or even if you just need to vent... I did it this morning & I feel better already.

Take care, & I look forward to chatting to you soon!!!

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun