Question
Posted by: dee | 2004/01/15

To bee

dear bee

thanks for the info. My husband is 39, so i wanted to wait for the 3rd month, and the scan before telling everyone.
I am 28, so i am not sure if i need the nuchal scan or not?
How is it different to the scan that they insert inside you?

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Oh, i get sick at night, and if i donot eat for more than 4 hours i feel sick. My breasts are very very sore.
Otherwise, its great, cantwait to tell everyone, my tummy is sticking out a bit, so its getting hard to hide.

The nuchal scan is offered to everyone as a screening test for Down syndrome. While Down syndrome is commoner in older women, it can occur in any woman. It is usually done abdominally. The actual method is the same, but what the doctor looks for is different. It requires a lot of expertise to do the nuchal measurement.

1
Posted by: Bee | 2004/01/15

Hello Dee

The second scan I had this week was on top of my tummy, not an internal. The NT scan is the same as a normal scan, but needs to be done before week 13 to measure the fold of skin behind the baby's neck.

I have actually lost weight since I fell pregnant as I have not eaten properly for 6 weeks now. I am just starting to get my appetite back now and have just had a salad for lunch!

Good luck this afternoon and enjoy telling everyone your exciting news!

Reply to Bee