Question
Posted by: ///// | 2007/03/29

To be fit

Hi, i just want to know how many months or weeks does it take for a person to be fit? If you are doing cardio exercise aerobics high low,skipping,aerobic step and toning exercises?

It depends on the person completely. There are some people who just respond to training and within a few weeks, they are what most people consider exceptionally fit. of course, the big issue here is also what you would define as fit. My definition of fit may be completely different to yours, so that I would consider myself fit whereas you might not, or vice versa. So there's no real answer to your question, unfortunately. You need to set a specific goal - for example, fitness means being able to run 10 km in under an hour. Or maybe it's just to run 10km. In that sort of example, I would say it needs maybe 3 months on average. Again though, some people could do that with no training at all, others would need every single day of those three months. In your examples, is fit being able to finish an aerobics class feeling comfortable and not out of breath? Maybe that will take about 6 weeks, as a rough guide. It really does depend on a lot though.