Question
Posted by: B | 2006/07/17

To Bac -|- rack

Bac -|- rack Ive asked your advice before and have read many of your posts. I just wanted to ask you something else. You said you suffered from quite a severe case of coated tongue for a few months. What did your tongue actually look like, did it get hairy towards the centre back and was it extremely difficult to brush off. The reason why I ask this is because Im so scared, my tongue has gone hairy white for six months now after an exposure and it remains quite rough and hairy at the centre back which gets quite thickish around my circumvallate pappilae. It seems to be getting better. Im the guy who tested negative at 8 weeks and I really need your help to know if you sufferred a similar thing to what Im going through. Will it ever get better, Did yours? Maybe its from stress, Im terrified of HIV, I cant sleep. Can you please give me some insight of some helpful info. Im tired of looking at my tongue. Another guy on this forum Ty has mentioned the same problem, advice from you Ty would be greatly appreciated. Bac -|- rack I like your knowledge on this disease. Thanks

Expert ImageArchive

b

7
Posted by: ty | 2006/07/19

B, have you checked with a doctor about your tongue? I was just curious as I have same symptom that seems unexplainable. I am told by these aids hotlines that my immune system must be compromised to have the white patches that do not come off but in the same breath they say it cannot be hiv based on all my negative testing.

Reply to ty
Posted by: B | 2006/07/19

Thanks back on track. I really appreciate your re assurance. Its difficult to comprehend when things go wrong with you without explanation. I just wanted to know why my tongue went hairy and coated and wanted to see if anyone else experienced this due to stress. Im so tired of looking at 50 times a day. It feels uncomfortable too

Reply to B
Posted by: Bac -|- rack | 2006/07/19

Hi B,
There are lots of things we don't understand about HIV, but we do know that symptoms can be caused by a myriad of things. Remember that usually people who are infected are asymptomatic. I still maintain that most of the symptoms we experience are due to stress, on one level or another. People who have symptoms after an exposure, are usually extremely stressed about that exposure, and the pending test results. I honestly don't see your 8 week negative changing.

Reply to Bac -|- rack
Posted by: B | 2006/07/19

Thanks for the Re assurance Ty. Just a quick question, what does the aids hotline say about the window period. How reliable is 8 weeks

Reply to B
Posted by: ty | 2006/07/18

B, I think you are going to be o.k. I would not be suprised that stress alone caused your tongue to go white. I have read where it is very possible. I still hope this is case for myself. My problem is my floaters happened at same time and my acute symptoms earlier were so strong. It is very unusual in both our cases that any opportunistic infection even a minor one would show up so soon. That can give you some assurance along with the fact you had no other symptoms. We all cannot be late seroconverters and according to all the aids hotlines and I call them daily, none of us should be. Let us know your results and you will be in our thoughts. I will get results of my 11th antibody test next week. I know that sounds ridiculous but you and bac -|- rack and a couple others on this forum understand.

Reply to ty
Posted by: b | 2006/07/18

Thanks Ty, you make it a little easier for me to go for the next test. I dont know how my tongue can all of a sudden change 6 weeks after an exposure. Maybe stress really can cause this problem. Strangely thats the only symptom I had after the exposure. But its been like that for six months and still wont go away. Too scared to test again but I havent found one post on any site about anyone seroconverting later than 8 weeks for many many many years. I really dont know what to say anymore?

Reply to b
Posted by: ty | 2006/07/17

B, you do not know how much I feel for your situation. As I type this right now I am in the exact same situation. I have had this white plaque tongue that looks like ohl for two years. I got it about 2 months after a high risk contact and after I went through some rough acute symtoms. I tested negative starting at 7 months up to 18 months. I just tested again at 27 months but no results until next week. I also developed floaters shortly after white tongue. I do not feel good about my situation due to my symptoms. I am just going to keep testing various ways but like you I struggle with this terribly. You will need to test again at 12 weeks and maybe 6 months and that might help you get a little peace of mind. Bac -|- rack is basically in same situation so we just try to help each other through it until we get some answers.

Reply to ty