Question
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/04/23

To Anxious

Hi there!

I have been on leave for the past few days. How are you doing? Still seeing the Surgeon tomorrow?

Update on my little one's urine infection: she is now 100%. I read on the Web that the biggest cause for bladder infections in little girls/babies is BUBBLE BATH and other perfumed soaps! And of course that she's not drinking enough water. I have increased her daily water-intake and that also made a huge difference.

I am doing fine. I stopped using the Beta-blocker again. When I am on it I am dizzy and sometimes nauseous. I think it affects my blood pressure and that it goes to low? so I think I don't need it and can do without it, as long as my pulse is regular. I'll take it again when I feel I need it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care!

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/23

Was away in Umhlanga from Friday - got home an hour ago. It was WONDERFUL seeing the sea and the weather was nice - but unfortunately I couldn't swim - the swimming beach where we stayed (we stayed at the Bermudas apartment complex) is still closed to swimming. I spoke to one of the life guards yesterday - that damage sounds horrendous. On Wed last week (just to add to what damage they already have) the severe rain they had caused the swereage system at the new life guard building to collapse - so now he reckons they will be lucky to have that swimming beach (the Bronze Beach) open before Christmas! All the walling at the back end of the beach has collapsed and is highly unstable. Beach access is closed to public there during the week because trucks and graders have to work all day. They are more lenient on the weekends! But there is still no swimming at all weekdays or weekends. But it was so great seeing the sea! You can swim at Cabana Beach beach but i didn't want to walk that far because of my foot and anyway the walkway is closed between Umhlanga Sands and Cabana beach because of the damage to the walkway - it got washed away! That damage is something else! The lifeguard said when the sewerage system collapsed last week the whole building shook!

I tried to keep my foot up in the car but it doesn't seem to help much. I cannot wait until tomorrow! My appointment is only at 2pm (he's not there before then - I guess he's operatingin the am - because he's back tomorrow but I am his 1st appointment.

Glad your daugther's better - yes bubble bath can definitely contribute to bladder trouble - as can not enough water - but don't overdo it on the juice! My sister said on the weekend the nurse told them my niece is having too much juice and milk and they must cut down on her intake - she's too chubby! She's so cute - am going to miss her when they move to C/T and end of June - she's 2 in July. They are renting in Umhlanga at the moment so its been easy to see them. C/T is such a schlep - the airfares are ridiculous and you need loads of time to drive - my aunt and uncle live there and we miss them enormously as my brother and family who live in E/L.

Will let you know what happens.

Reply to anxious