Question
Posted by: JP for this one | 2008/05/21

To an old friend.

After what has been one full year, we meet again… I can not believe this. A year later, and we both still reading this forum… Still most probably have the same issues – but still have not gone to see somebody! So, me friend, don’t you think we shall have to go at some time? Just funny how I have not posted the forum for some months, and then the first time I to so, its in reply of an old friend… Not even knowing.
CS, do these problems (love – life – stress – and relationships) ever go away? Or is that only part of life? Why do we all fight to stay happy, why can one not just be happy – isn’t it a choice of mind? Why can one just not get up in the morning, make a mind shift and all problems disappear?

Maybe these types of challenges recur ( rather than the original ones not going away ) but we can learn how to handle them far better, and to be less troubled by them. And CBT, of course, is in a sense devoted to teaching how to make those necessary mind-shifts,

3
Posted by: Ekke | 2008/05/21

Ag nee wat, dis oraait. Ja, hoe sê hulle, alles gebeur met 'n doel, ongelukkig vind mens eers later uit wat die doel was. Ja ek verstaan wat jy sê.

Reply to Ekke
Posted by: JP | 2008/05/21

Hey you. Eks jammer oor die hele Facebook storie. Sou beter gewerk het seker. Dis snaaks hoe dinge uitwerk. Ek is ook seker ons kan mekaar hierdeur help... Ek sien dit as die selfde situasie, ek beleef dit soos ek en hy. En jy soos jy en sy... As dit enigsens sin maak...

Reply to JP
Posted by: Echelle | 2008/05/21

I was wondering where you were! Thought about you from time to time. When people see my name here they will probably attack me again, but hey, who cares? Hope we can help each other in this! Believe we can. Anything is possible if you believe in it. I'm trying to think positive now, haven't in quite a while, forgot that I can really be happy if I want to be, and I want to be, so I'm going to try. Hope that your loved one will also try.

Reply to Echelle