Question
Posted by: Lolita | 2004/10/22

To all the guys out there

hi everyone

could the men out there tell me what it is that they find attractive in a woman and i dont mean the obvious. is it a smile, her confidence, her shyness??? i know for each guy it would be a different thing but some info would be great. and on that note, what turns you off.

,,,,, Sometimes it isn't THAT you're intelligent, or indepent, that may put some guys off, but HOW you express that intelligence and that independence, how that makes them feel.

15
Posted by: JG | 2004/10/22

I read this somewhere, very powerfull
----------------------------------------------

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts, or fears. But I can listen to you, and together we will search for answers.

I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain, nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.
Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine; Yet I can share in your laughter.
Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you,
and help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship, from your values, from me.
I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow, room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces and put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are.
I can only love you and be your friend ..................

Reply to JG
Posted by: danny-girl | 2004/10/22

funny those who always have somebody say " dont look for love " easy for you to say, you are not alone all bloody weekend !!

Reply to danny-girl
Posted by: Zee | 2004/10/22

To: Lolita

Dont worry Lolita, there is nothing wrong with u. All u are doing is trying so hard to find love, Instead of waiting till love finds you.

Ur problem is u have not found a right person for u, and U are trying to find one. Please can u be patient with him, Try to wait 4 him to find u.

When he has arrived , u ll know deep down ur heart that this is the one, nobody will tell u. The only trick is HE COMES AT THE TIME U DONT EXPECT HIM AND AT A PLACE U NEVER THOUGHT.

Gud luck

Reply to Zee
Posted by: JJ | 2004/10/22

Hi Lolita

Without doubt confidence makes women beautiful. Look at the supermodels out there – they come with tons of confidence. When you are confident you look and walk better, it is easier to converse with people and you look more positive. But, I think that guys find it difficult to approach girls that seem to be more confident than themselves.

What I don’t like in girls: if they are into playing games and manipulation, (and sometimes they don’t realize they are doing it.) and girls who cannot look you in the eye and who are mean and bitchy.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Adam | 2004/10/22

Simple!
She must know the difference between the important and the unimportant. Values are important, logistical necessary actions are important. A kid's ruined shirt is not. Forgetting to do less important things are not.
Finally, she must love herself, be free to express herself. Once I have chosen her, we support each other in every, everything, regardless. And she don't mind the light on.
But so far, she has not travelled my road...

Reply to Adam
Posted by: Straycat | 2004/10/22

Dont worry blackbird.. I am also going down that road..except in my case divorce.. ...its way 2 confusing... so I am also just doing my own thing but, hoping I will find love again some day...

GB

Reply to Straycat
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/22

funny i was once that guy that changed the light bulb, bought presents out of the blue, made her laugh at herself, all those things you described, and then i got dumped. now i have become what some would say a msp. i now live for myself. it is less painfull. synical is'nt it ...

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Straycat | 2004/10/22

If you be yourself, you will find an amazing guy....
I think some guys will see confidence as an attraction .

GB...

Reply to Straycat
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

Lolita,

Maybe they see your confidence as being full of yourself (??) I don't know....with guys you never know!!!!!

But I do know that I want a guy who loves me for ME. I will NOT change just to be liked by men!

Lolita, you sound like an amazing person - stay they way you are!

Reply to NM
Posted by: Paul | 2004/10/22

My woman must be able to take initiative and make decisions without having to check with this one and that one etc etc. Kind, loving, gentle and intelligent.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Lolita | 2004/10/22

for me and i can honestly say most women (not girls) out there, we appreciate kindness, manners, respect, honesty, gentleness and of course that little bit of male mystery.

i love a guy who can make me laugh at myself, can make me feel like a princess, who offers to take out the garbage, change a light bulb etc. without being asked. a guy who buys you flowers for no reason at all not just on your birthday or valentines day. a guy who comes home with a simple little gift but it shows that he thought of you during the day.

a guy who accepts that i am never going to be Kerry McGregor and does not ogle other women in my presence. a man who is a man, not a GQ wanna be.

there is so much more but those are really very important.

Reply to Lolita
Posted by: Lolita | 2004/10/22

Coz i never really understand men. i am considered attractive, intelligent, independant but this seems to scare them. i think i have to tone down my confidence to keep them interested. i have achieved quite a lot in my life and it hasnt always been easy which i think has made me quite cynical. i work in a mainly male dominated field and obviously i have become rather cool and icy in the process because i am not one to drink with the boys. this means that in my social life i obviously carry this with me and i really dislike being like this.

Reply to Lolita
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/22

and on ther other side, what do girls look for in boys

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: my point | 2004/10/22

I think all males have different tastes..like they say different strokes for different folks.

Reply to my point
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

I'm curious....why do you wanna know??

Reply to NM