Question
Posted by: lesiba | 2005/01/10

tite body

i managed to lose weight following a healthy diet and now i'm slim thanks for u help and information .i managed to keep for 7months but the problem is that is jelly ,when i move my body is shaking so .i want to make ot tight and strong which exercises must i do. help . currently i'm cycling twice a week 90 and 45 min,aerobics class like step and bidy conditing and power pump .

Hi lesiba

i am glad you have seen some success so far. What I have to say is that you must keep going! Don't give up or make changes, because it's working!

What you can perhaps do is to start upping the intensity of the training slightly - if you are in the gym on the bike at level 4, why not go up to level 5 for a few minutes next time? You can always bring it back down to level 4 in 5 minutes, but then go up again later. What will happen is that you will become fitter and stronger, and this means more muscle is being activated, which in turns can produce greater weight loss and muscle definition. the same applies to step class - see if there is a level up from where you are now and give it a go.

This is one thing to try. The others are diet, which must be optimal, and finally some resistance training. it is definitely helpful to do some weight training. If you are at the gym, I would suggest that twice a week you squeeze in the super circuit at the gym, and just do 2 circuits each time, and try to do 15 repetitions of each exercise, and you may find in a few months that your muscle tone is improving.