Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/04/12

Tiredness & hot flushes

Dear Doc

I visited my doctor on Thursday last week and all seem to be in order (according to the doctor) i.e. blood pressure, sugar count, etc. My doctor suggested a TB test - waiting on results. I seem to be very tired most of the time and also suffers from hot flushes - when I have one of these spells, I am short tempered and agro. Sometimes I have a tick in my eye especially when Im really upset re something - could I be in for a stroke or something? I am 38 years old, been sterilised 4 years ago. What could this be? My friends seems to think early menapause! I think it could be my heart as I sometimes experience a weird sensation over my chest.
Worried.

Dear Worried
No this is not symptoms of an impending stroke. Has he tested your FSH levels - sounds very menopausally to me too! Heart problems will present with out of breath tiredness, swollen feet, irregular heart beat, pressing pain spreading to arms and jaw.

2
Posted by: les | 2007/04/14

Have you check your thyroid functions? be aware that lab test cant test the full thyroid function, I also went to a homeopath that do other tests

Reply to les
Posted by: Foxybrown | 2007/04/12

your friends could be correct, perhaps have a gyane examine you and note any anomalies? Women can enter menopause as early as late 30s and as late as in their 60s. Did your mum have her menopause early? That would be a sign you could expect the same.

Did you mention the other things to your doc like the funny chest feeling? He shd probe this too. Persistent unexplained chest pain is not to be take lightly at any age.

all the best

Reply to Foxybrown