Question
Posted by: NW | 2004/02/12

Tiredness

Doc, I have a problem, I don’t know how serious it is but everybody is on my case about it. I sleep more than my average 8 hours every night but every morning without fail I cannot get up. I do not do anything-strenuous. I do not even have the energy anymore to go to gym anymore. I suffer from Aichmophobia (Fear of needles and pointed objects) and Pharmacophobia (Fear of taking medicine). I sometimes suffer from headaches if I am over tired. I am at my wits end now because I go to bed tired and I wake up tired. I don’t have a big appetite; I do eat healthy and have a very fast metabolism. What can I do to get rid of this tiredness as I cannot even watch television after 7 at night? My friend at work suggested that I have my iron level checked out but I had a full body examination in October last year and I was as fit as a fiddle. Please help me... I need a life

NW, tiredness is a very common symptom and not specific enough to make a diagnosis on. It may be part of almost any serious disorder, but it might also be a sign of being just overworked and under rested. Tiredness is a symptom of almost all serious diseases including, anaemia, high and low blood pressure, heart problems, high and low blood sugar, liver problems, kidney problems, depression, etc. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have him make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.