Question
Posted by: Chantel | 2003/03/15

Tired of not losing weight

Hi doc
I have been trying to lose weight for almost 2 years i am now 18 years old,i have been trying every new diet product and no one seem to work please help me!!!!!!!!!

Dear Chantel
One of the reasons why you have not lost weight is probably that by using all those diet products you have landed in the Yo-Yo dieting trap. Everytime you lose a bit of weight and then regain it, this will slow down your metabolism and make it even harder the next time around to lose any weight. The only thing that will help is to stick to a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet') and to do regular exercise - gym, skipping running, swimming, cycling - anything that gets you active, as this will stimulate your metabolism. And stay away from all those pills and potions.
Take care

2
Posted by: Jazzblue | 2003/03/17

I'm 20 years old and have been on my personal weightloss programme since 06 Jan 03 - I picked up 1.8 during my first week and to this day, I have lost 7.2kg.

My success is due to a holistic approach to weight loss and optimal health. In English: I have used nutrition, exercise and a positive (& realistic) attitude to get this far.

Through my own yo-yo diets experience, I can assure you that NOTHING will shed your weight and keep it off besides consistent training and healthy eating.

This much is true.

Regards,
Jazzblue

Reply to Jazzblue
Posted by: mari | 2003/03/17

I am 55. I lost weight but regain it again

Reply to mari