Question
Posted by: Hopeful | 2004/02/03

Tired of being so tired

Dear Doc

I am always feeling tired. As soon as my head hits the pillow I am out and when I wake in the morning I am still feeling tired.I find it hard to start the day and get into the groove of things. I'm also troubled by headaches lately which never used to be a problem. I suffer from hayfever and taking an anti-histamine makes me much more tired.At the moment I have a lot on my mind and often feel restless. I need a pick me up!

Hopeful, it all depends on the reason for your tiredness. It might be due to working too hard and playing too little, but it might also be due to something like diabetes, blood pressure problems, thyroid problems, low blood sugar, anaemia and a host of other things. The best would be to see your doctor and to have him sort it out for you. Good luck.