Question
Posted by: sunflower | 2007/08/22

tired even though i sleep

Dear cyberdoc,

I wrote earlier to say that i struggle to get out of bed and am not alert if i sleep beyond 10:30 and get headaches if i don't sleep really early.

i have been taking cilift for over a year and was on effexor before that to cope with my depression. i have not relapsed since then but i take the cilift for the anxiety.

other than that i take a vitmain C and then sometimes painkillers if i get headaches or period pains. If it is because i don't sleep deep enough what do i do about that?

Dear Sunflower

I think you need to discuss this with your doctor - some of the SSRI group of anti-depressants can cause tiredness in a small % of patients (<5%). He may also need to exclude other factors like anemia, thyroid abnormalities, and low blood pressure. Also add Magnesium and vit Bco supplements to your vit C.