Question
Posted by: Johann | 2004/09/20

Tired and memory loss

I don't know how to describe the symptoms but I will try:

1. Everthing that happened to me during a normal day seems as if it happens a long time ago. As if it happened in a dream. My live sometimes feel like if I am dreaming and nothing is for real????
2. It also feels as if you had too many drinks - alcohol, although I am not a drinker. I will rather sum myself up as a sport junky - Running and cycling 5 to 6 times per week and running the Comrades etc.
3. My short term memory is also effected - that is how it feels to me anyway.

What can cause this??? Do I need to sleep more (I sleep between 5 and 6 hours per day). Can lack of sleep cause such symptoms??? What about allery (sinus etc.) and alzheimer? I am 40 years old.

I had my blood tested the other day - General tests beacause of my running etc I like to test my blood every year to make sure everything is OK. The results were OK.

Please help or refer me to someone??

Thanx

Johann, I suppose lack of sleep might cause the symptoms you’re complaining of but 6 hours a night should be adequate. The best would be to see a neurologist because it doesn’t sound normal from this side of the screen. Good luck.