Question
Posted by: Mo | 2004/10/12

Tips on falling pregnant

hi Doc
I need help urgently. I have been trying to fall pregnant for the past 3 months and no luck. I have never been on contraceptives and currently taking pregnavit. Any other suggestions, my fiance' is getting frustrated and it putting pressure on me. Is the something wrong?

3 months is not a long time hen trying to concieve. Try and make love in the middle of your cycle. i.e. 14 days before your next period.

4
Posted by: M | 2004/10/12

Try 10 years before falling pregnant - that's what happened to us.

Reply to M
Posted by: francis | 2004/10/12

hi

the best advice i can give is go for a normal check-up with your gynae and explain to your gynae. let your doctor send you for a blood test to see if you are ovulating. don't wait for a year and then start with all the test. I waited plus/minus 16 months before i went to the doctor and she did a test showing that i was not ovulating. One month after she put me on clomid i fell pregnant.

If there are no problem with you then seek help for your boyfriend and then you need to wait till it happen. If nothing happens in one year then go for other type of help.

good luck

Reply to francis
Posted by: www | 2004/10/12

Hi Mo, I think it's important that your fiance understands the concept of how long it can possibly take to fall pregnant - and you've come to the right place to find out exactly how long it CAN take, so you'll have to manage his expectations so he won't put pressure on you. When you're worried and not relaxed, it could delay it even further. Good luck

Reply to www
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/12

Hi Mo,

Please explain to your fiance that it can take a normal healthy couple up to one year before they conceive. It doesn't just happen as easily as we think it does. If it doesn't happen after a year, you can then seek fertility treatment.

However if you wish you can do basic tests to make sure that things are in order for you to fall pregnant, i.e. an ovulation test for yourself and a semen analysis for your fiance. If things are not right your doctor will then advise further.

Reply to Shirls