Posted by: Michelle | 2011/03/28


Tinnitus expert does''t reply please help. Is there really no cure for tinnitus in this day and age? I have it in both ears but extremely badly in the right ear, it is a pulsating noise, never goes away and has gone worse during the past month.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Michelle

You need an ENT examination, as you may be suffering from pulsitile tinnitus. Tinnitus may be ongoing, but a small percentage of patients have your complaints, and in this case a cause must be found. (pulsitile tinnitus). This points in the direcction of a possible vascular cause, and after an examination, you may require the following special examinations:
1. Audiogram
2. Blood tests
3. MRI scan
4. CT angiography

It is impossible to say what you need, but the point is to try and find a cause. Sometimes a cause is not found, but discuss this with your doctor. There are a few things that you may try in the meantime:
1. Avoid absolute silence
2. Avoid loud noise
3. Do not use excessive stimulants (coffee, alcohol, etc)


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.