Question
Posted by: Kito | 2004/02/27

Tingling tail

Hope this does not sound like a practical joke... promise its a serious enquiry!
I have an extremely irritating and annoying affliction - a tingling tail. Sometimes the tingle travels down my left leg and then the whole leg itches - all the way to the bottom of the foot.
Know it sounds amusing rather than serious, but its annoying. Have also noticed that the left leg is 'lazier' than the right - will often, when walking barefoot not lift the foot high enough - bump the big toe so often, the nail is starting to look battered. Also have to consciously pay attention when walking fast, not to trip over minor irregularities.
Cannot lie on my back for any length of time... legs (both) go completely dead and get severe lower back pain.
Not overweight (in fact slightly underweight), more than reasonably fit and active.
Have been experiencing slight symptoms for a number of years (I am 52 and female), but its getting worse - can now only sleep comfortably on my stomach.
Any suggestions?

Expert ImageArchive

HI Kito

I think it is time you got someone to check you out. Although not serious at the moment these things if left could get that way.
Get yourself off to a physio.

Douglas