Question
Posted by: Kristina | 2004/11/17

Tingling legs and feet and blurred vision triggered by exertion.

I frequently get a tingling sensation in my legs and feet when walking, especially when I am tired and exhausted (at the end of the day), stressed out, hot and bothered or premenstrual. If I don't slow down or stop for a few minutes, I lose my balance and trip. My vision becomes blurred and my mind becomes really foggy. I am always very tired and / or drowsy.

I have had these symptoms for more than two years already. The neurologist couldn't tell me what the problem was, but said it was possibly a myelopathy of some sort. (The tests I had included an MRI and CT scan, lumbar puncture, blood tests and nerve conduction tests). What could the problem be?

Kristina, it might be due to an electrolyte imbalance, a blood flow/heart problem, diabetes, kidney problems, etc. the best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Kristina | 2004/11/18

Yes, I have. My blood sugar count is perfect. I had a blood test for diabetes when I was in hospital undergoing extensive tests two years ago. Altogether six test tubes of blood were drawn.

Reply to Kristina
Posted by: minimoe | 2004/11/18

Have u been tested for diabetes?

Reply to minimoe